Welcome to Week 4 of the NFL Season!
The favorite is marked with the spread in parenthesis next to the team name. For example, Patriots (-6.5). The best bet is the team that I feel is most likely to win and cover the spread this week. The spreads are from the NY Daily News on Wednesday and may be slightly different than the spread available when you are reading this.
Week 4 BYE WEEKS: Jets and 49ers
Best Bet: Raiders (+6.5) – WIN
- Eagles at Packers (-4.5)
- The pick: Eagles (+4.5) – WIN
Sunday Early Games:
- Titans at Falcons (-3.5)
- The pick: Titans (+3.5) – WIN
- Redskins at Giants (-2.5)
- The pick: Giants (-2.5) – WIN
- Chargers (-16) at Dolphins
- The pick: Chargers (-16) – WIN
- Raiders at Colts (-6.5)
- The pick: Raiders (+6.5) – BEST BET – WIN, the Colts are too banged up for me to have confidence in them covering a touchdown spread.
- Panthers at Texans (-4)
- The pick: Texans (-4) – LOSS
- Chiefs (-6) at Lions
- The pick: Lions (+6) – WIN
- Browns at Ravens (-7)
- The pick: Browns (+7) – WIN
- Patriots (-7) at Bills
- The pick: Bills (+7) – WIN
Sunday Late Games:
- Bucs at Rams (-10)
- The pick: Bucs (+10) – WIN
- Seahawks (-5) at Cards
- The pick: Cards (+5) – LOSS, the Cards have played the Seahawks very tough over the last 3 years (2016: TIE 6-6, ARI 34-31 | 2017: SEA 22-16, ARI 26-24 | 2018: SEA 20-17, SEA 27-24). I think this game stays close and I will take the points.
- Vikings at Bears (-2.5)
- The pick: Vikings (+2.5) – LOSS
- Jaguars at Broncos (-3)
- The pick: Broncos (-3) – LOSS, the Broncos are desperate for a win in this one.
Sunday Night Football:
- Cowboys (-2.5) at Saints
- The pick: Cowboys (-2.5) – LOSS
Monday Night Football:
- Bengals at Steelers (-4)
- The pick: Bengals (+4) – LOSS, after the Steelers performance last week (losing to the 49ers despite the 49ers turning the ball over 5 times), I can’t get on them to win by more than a field goal.
Previous Week’s Record: 8-8-0
Regular Season Record: 21-26-1 (44.79%)
Postseason Record: N/A
Best Bet Record: 2-1
King of the Hill aka Lock of the Week aka Survivor Pool Picks:
In this section, I will post my pick for a survivor pool. Once a team is used, I can’t use them again for the rest of the season. The team selected only has to win the game, not cover the spread. Pick One and Pick Two are independent of each other. If I use a team with Picks One, I can use them later with Pick Two.
|Week||Pick One||Pick Two|
|Week 1||Seahawks – win||Eagles – win|
|Week 2||Ravens – win||Texans – win|
|Week 3||Cowboys – win||Bills – win|
|Week 4||Chargers – win||Rams – loss|