Welcome to Week 6 of the NFL Season!
The favorite is marked with the spread in parenthesis next to the team name. For example, Patriots (-6.5). The best bet is the team that I feel is most likely to win and cover the spread this week. The spreads are from the NY Daily News on Wednesday and may be slightly different than the spread available when you are reading this.
Week 6 BYE WEEKS: Bears, Colts, Raiders, Bills
Best Bet: Bengals (+11.5) – WIN
- Giants at Patriots (-16.5)
- The pick: Patriots (-16.5) – WIN
Sunday Early Games:
- Panthers (-2) at Bucs (IN LONDON)
- The pick: Bucs (+2) – LOSS, a true toss-up so I will take the points.
- Redskins (-3.5) at Dolphins
- The pick: Dolphins (+3.5) – WIN, are the Dolphins trying to lose on purpose? This is the week we will find out. The Redskins are a mess and I expect this game to be decided by a field goal. Although, Case Keenum being named the starter for the Redskins gives me some hesitation on this pick.
- Eagles at Vikings (-3)
- The pick: Vikings (-3) – WIN, the Vikings play very well at home and the Eagles secondary is too banged up for me to take them.
- Texans at Chiefs (-5)
- The pick: Chiefs (-5) – LOSS, the Texans are coming off a monster game dropping 50+ against Atlanta and Chiefs are coming off a huge dud against the Colts in Kansas City. I think the talk of Mahomes’ injury is exaggerated – he was a full participant in practice all week – and I expect them to bounce back at home and win by a touchdown.
- Saints at Jaguars (-1)
- The pick: Saints (+1) – WIN, the Saints are a popular underdog this week, which usually is bad news, but I just can’t bring myself to go with Jacksonville. The Saints are starting to get in a offensive groove with Bridgewater and I expect it to continue.
- Seahawks (-1.5) at Browns
- The pick: Seahawks (+1.5) – WIN, this feels like a trap. I think the Seahawks are overrated, yes they are 4-1, but they beat the Bengals (winless), Steelers (with a backup QB), Cards and Rams and they lost to the Saints in Seattle against a back-up QB. The Browns are definitely not as bad as they played on Monday Night, but the short week plus they are also traveling West to East to me negates their advantages in this game.
- Bengals at Ravens (-11.5)
- The pick: Bengals (+11.5) – BEST BET – WIN, this line is way too high for a division rivalry game. Plus, I think the Ravens are being overrated right now. Look at their season so far, they dominated the Dolphins in Week 1 (everyone dominates the Dolphins), in Week 2 they beat the Cards by 6, in Week 3 they lose to the Chiefs and the final score was much closer than the game actually was, in Week 4 they got smoked at home by the Browns, in Week 5, they needed over time to beat Steelers who ended the game with a practice squad QB.
Sunday Late Games:
- 49ers at Rams (-3.5)
- The pick: 49ers (+3.5) – WIN, the 49ers getting more than a field goal? I’ll take that against an inconsistent Rams team. The 49ers are going to be without both starting tackles and their starting fullback so I can understand some hesitation with taking them.
- Falcons (-2.5) at Cards
- The pick: Cards (+2.5) – WIN, I just can’t trust the Falcons right now, so I am taking the home dog.
- Cowboys (-7.5) at Jets
- The pick: Cowboys (-7.5) – LOSS, the Jets get Darnold back so their offense should be better, but the Cowboys are the better team on both sides of the ball and they need to win this game coming off of 2 losses.
- Titans at Broncos (-2.5)
- The pick: Titans (+2.5) – LOSS, the Titans are a tough team to judge, but they don’t turn it over and they love to control ball so I’ll take them in a game I expect to be low scoring.
Sunday Night Football:
- Steelers at Chargers (-7)
- The pick: Steelers (+7) – WIN, the Steelers are starting a practice squad quarterback this week and I’m still picking them? I just don’t see the Chargers blowing anyone out right now and they don’t have a home field advantage especially against a team with fans that travel well. I expect a lot of yellow in the stands on Sunday.
Monday Night Football:
- Lions at Packers (-4.5)
- The pick: Lions (+4.5) – WIN, I like the Lions in this spot. They have played very well this season and could have been 4-0 right now. The Lions have won the last 4 games in this series, including a 31-0 win last season in Green Bay. There is a revenge factor here for the Packers, but the Lions are coming off the BYE week and have had extra time to game plan for this. I think it stays close.
Previous Week’s Record: 8-7-0
Regular Season Record: 38-39-1 (49.36%)
Postseason Record: N/A
Best Bet Record: 4-1
King of the Hill aka Lock of the Week aka Survivor Pool Picks:
In this section, I will post my pick for a survivor pool. Once a team is used, I can’t use them again for the rest of the season. The team selected only has to win the game, not cover the spread. Pick One and Pick Two are independent of each other. If I use a team with Picks One, I can use them later with Pick Two.
|Week||Pick One||Pick Two|
|Week 1||Seahawks – win||Eagles – win|
|Week 2||Ravens – win||Texans – win|
|Week 3||Cowboys – win||Bills – win|
|Week 4||Chargers – win||Rams – loss|
|Week 5||Eagles – win||Patriots – win|
|Week 6||Patriots – win||Ravens – win|